Searching Beyond the Paid

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Google's New Display URL Policy Is BS

The PPC community has been abuzz over the latest Adwords policy change: advertisers can no longer use capitalization in the root domain of display URLs. Subfolders can still have capital letters, but the root domain can't. I haven't seen one person say they like this change - and I've seen plenty who think it's BS (myself included).

I wrote about this for Search Engine Watch yesterday, and there's a good conversation going on in the comments there. What do you think about this change: boon, bust, or BS? Go to SEW and post your thoughts!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • What is the purpose of this change?? Is it good for Google and their bottom line? I doubt it, I'm more inclined to click on a link that has proper capitalization in the domain name...

    By Blogger save the sea turtle straws, at 1:52 PM EST  

  • That's the big question - why why why? I guess we'll find out!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 4:26 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home