Searching Beyond the Paid

Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 – New Beginnings

Today marks the end of the first week in my new job at gyro, a top B2B agency with offices worldwide. I’m working exclusively on PPC, as part of the Search team based in Cincinnati, OH – working most of the time from home here in East Lansing, MI.

I had a great run at Fluency Media for the past 4 years, and am thankful for the opportunity to learn so much about integrated digital marketing from the team there.

As 2012 gets underway, I’m super excited about this new gig and the opportunities ahead. It’s going to be a great year, both professionally and personally.

Professionally, I’m looking forward to the 2012 SEM conference circuit, which for me begins with Hero Conf in Indianapolis in April. In its first year, this conference (put on by the great peeps at PPC Hero)is strictly focused on PPC and features a Who’s Who of industry expert speakers. It should be a great conference.

Following that, there will probably be SMX Advanced, SES Chicago, and possibly one or two other conferences, all with awesome learning & networking.

Personally, I’m beyond excited about the front row seats I snagged yesterday for the Van Halen concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills next month. This is a bucket list thing for me – I’ve been a VH fan since the beginning, but the best seats I’ve had so far have been 4th row. Needless to say, I’m wearing a VH shirt today in celebration. :)

I’m also training to walk my first half marathon in April, just 3 days before my 46th birthday. That’s another bucket list item and I’m excited about that as well.

What’s on tap for you in 2012?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I will also be at HeroConf in April. I'm really excited for it because while you sound like the conference circuit is old hat, I'm just getting started (Conversion Conference West will be my first speaking gig and then HeroConf). Getting into speaking has been a goal of mine for a couple years and 2012 is my year.

    By Blogger Robert, at 10:12 AM EST  

  • Hey Robert - I'm not sure speaking ever becomes old hat. It certainly isn't for me! I've only been speaking for a couple years, although I've been attending search conferences since 2003. You'll do great and I can't wait for HeroConf!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 11:37 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home